Plus, you may choose to be notified when my new book launches, "The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day"!
Looks like next week’s Book Publicity Blog series is creating lots of buzz: thanks to everyone who’s been checking in and spreading the word. I’m blown away by the great content our friends at Phenix & Phenix are providing. And I can’t wait to hear what you end up doing with the information you learn from next week’s series. I expect to hear many success stories!
Here’s what’s in store for you next week, starting Monday February 2: A virtual course on book publicity. Each blog post will include links to additional material including quizzes, tip lists, video, and/or additional articles.
Monday: Why Publicity Is Your New Best Friend
– 5 reasons publicity is critical to your career as an author
– Pros and Cons of each media format
– Extra credit: A three part series prepping you for talk shows
Tuesday: The Publicity 411: What to know before getting started
– How to develop a cohesive publicity strategy
– Why it is important to build your platform beyond the book
– Extra credit: Your media relationships: publicity from the media’s perspective
Wednesday: Pitches and press releases: How to get the word out about your book
– The anatomy of a press kit
– How to craft a pitch for various types of media
– Extra credit: Honing your media instincts
Thursday: Avoiding foot-in-mouth moments: How to rock your interviews
– Do’s and Don’ts for each media format
– Examples of media breeding more media thanks to great author interviews
– Extra credit: The art of the pre-interview
Friday: Social Media and Beyond: Why you must join the movement and where to start
– What is social media and where do I start?
– Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and beyond
– Extra credit: Video killed the radio star (and created the book star) and What authors can learn from band promotion (hint: social media!)