I may sound like a broken record when I say how critical it is for aspiring authors to develop a platform or following online, but this is the number one reason great books with fresh perspectives and clear niche markets get turned down by literary agents and publishers.
While I’ve advised my clients to develop their author platforms– their websites, blogs and online and offline publicity–I’ve been looking for powerful strategies they can implement without breaking the bank. When Media Magnet Eli Davidson contacted me about offering a teleseminar series that shares her blueprint for getting massive media on your own–we’re talking The Today Show, The New York Times, Dr. Phil’s Decision House, Better Homes and Gardens, Joan Knows Best, The Huffington Post–my ears perked up. As I heard her passion for empowering authors I knew she was the person I’d been looking for to help my authors and aspiring authors.
Here’s our interview where she shares some amazing secrets for how authors can harness the power of the 21 milllion readers of the Huffington Post and how to become a trusted source for top journalists. I was blown away by the level of detail and the power behind Eli’s strategies–some of which she’s never shared before and will only share again in her courses.
I’m recommending that every single one of my book writing students and book proposal clients sign up for Eli’s blueprint: Ordinary to Extraordinary: How to Be a Star in 90 Days. I’m taking the class and became an affiliate to help spread the word, because this is exactly what aspiring authors and new authors need to get their message out and develop that author platform so critical to success. And I can’t believe the generous introductory price (and bring a friend free) offer she’s made.
Eli will also hold a special “authors and aspiring authors only” call for you if you sign up here, because she has special strategies for authors and is passionate about empowering authors in the publicity realm.
If you have any questions after listening to the audio, Eli has offered to answer your questions here.
Wrote this quickly this morning to get it out to you as fast as possible. However, I also wanted to share just a sample of the powerful tips Eli shared on the call:
1.Leverage the power of the 21 million readers of the Huffington Post:
– Fan authors in your subject on the Huffington Post.
– Comment on their posts by adding value to the conversation. They will appreciate your contribution.
– Journalists often approach those with interesting comments as sources for additional articles.
– A blogger you add value to regularly is likely to interview or cite you for their next post! And then you can say, “Quoted in the Huffington Post.”
2. Give controversial advice to celebrities!
3. Okay, there’s much more. Listen to the recording and see for yourself. There’s one brilliant tip that authors don’t know about which Eli shared in the recording. She said she’ll only share it in her classes in the future and has me promise not to print it, but you can hear it on the recording now.