I’ve often shared what becoming a published author has done for my clients, but, as I’ve been working on my new book, I’ve been thinking about the amazing things that have happened in my life because of my book.
Writing a book has been one of the smartest things I’ve ever done. I didn’t know then how many doors would open for me by becoming a published author.
Here’s what my book has done for my life along with a few questions to help you envision what your book might do for your life:
- Sold 16,653 copies (13,635 with the current title and 3,018 under the original title) (that’s alotta royalties!). How many books do you want to sell?
- Gotten coverage on TV, radio, web and print, including interviews on PBS-TV, WebMD, AOL Headline News, Glamour Magazine and so much more–which has provided credibility as an expert, which of course means my ideal clients are attracted to working with me. What could national TV, radio, online and print coverage do for your business or career? What kind of impact can you make on other people’s lives when you reach people on a national or international scale?
- Opened the door to a whole new career as a book writing coach–a career that I love and that fills my life with joy and purpose. What would you love to do? High profile speaking? Coaching or consulting? Perhaps, like me, you’ll have surprises in store that you can’t even imagine.
- Put me on the faculty of Harvard Medical School’s CME publishing course which catapulted my career and introduced me to some of the most amazing people I know. These folks are changing people’s lives with the information and knowledge they share in their books. Who will you meet as a result of becoming a published author? What stimulating circles will you find yourself in?
- Opened the door to multiple income streams–royalties, coaching, book writing classes, self-study programs, speaking, editing and referral commissions. What income streams might your book support?
- As an author and infopreneur, I gross well over six figures working a flexible schedule that gives me time for family and fun. How would you structure your life, work and time with such freedom?
- I still hear from people who say my book made a huge difference in their life. What would you like to hear your readers say to you? What impact do you hope to have on your readers’ lives?
What inspires you to write a book? What are your answers to the questions above? Please share!