7 Reasons to write your book in 2012
Looking for some good reasons to finally get that book written? How about:
1. The person who runs up to you after your first post-publication presentation and says, “Your book changed my life.”
2. Impacting thousands, tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands or millions of people instead of _____________ (fill in your current reach).
3. Those ideal clients or customers your book can reach with a targeted message—and the impact that will have on your business and profitability.
4. Impressing your dates with, “I’m a published author” rather than, “I’ve been thinking of writing a book for the past 20 years.”
5. The free spa vacation you can weave into a book presentation at that Caribbean resort you’ve been dreaming of visiting.
6. Filling your teleseminars, webinars and live events with raving fans.
7. The Surprise Factor—my own book opened up a career I’d never dreamed of—one that is absolutely made for me and brings me joy every day, but it’s something I never imagined until my book propelled me on this new path of becoming a book writing coach and publishing coach. My clients often share similar surprises that happened to them when they became published authors—from the unexpected six figure dream job offer to the six month move to Hawaii—an opportunity that stemmed from the author’s award winning book.
3 Reasons Not to Write Your Book in 2012
1. You don’t have time: Duh. Do you really need to watch that rerun of The Biggest Loser? Okay. I will concede: If you won’t make the time, don’t bother starting. But if you can clear 5-12 hours a week for 8 weeks or more, you can write your book.
2. You’re not a great writer: That’s what keeps great editors in business. Seriously, most people just don’t know how to write well—learn the secrets of good writing and you can write a compelling book—and, yes, you can hire an editor to make it really shine.
3. You’re not sure where to start. Join me and Linda Joy on March 7, 2012 at 8:30pm Eastern, 5:30 pm Pacific for a free interactive and highly informative teleseminar called Birth Your Book: From Inspiration to Published Author and you will know exactly how to get started on your book—and create a plan to complete it.
Perhaps you have every reason to write your book in 2012 and no sound reason not to. Sign up for our free teleseminar Birth Your Book today or just click the link to find out the juicy questions we plan to answer and secrets we’ll share on this fabulous free call.
What’s your biggest reason for writing a book in 2012? Please share it below as a comment. And if you’re a published author, share your favorite result of your book to date.
So many gifts received, so many experiences which have contributed to growth and faith…The notion to share for the benefit of greater good is an exciting prospect and being in conference with like souls i know will be greatly inspiring. Thank you.
Lisa Tener says
Karen, making a difference in people’s lives and the interactions you will have with kindred spirits are two powerful reasons!
David Dougher says
My reason? The class starts in two months and the text books I have to choose from are outdated and boring.
Lisa Tener says
Sounds like a great reason to me, David. What’s the subject?