“Lisa, I just signed the book contract!”
I heard some version of these seven words three times this summer, as my clients signed with traditional publishers. I also received a phone call just last week from a client who anticipates signing with a large publisher in the next few weeks.
It’s always exciting to know that all the time, work, creativity and love put into a book proposal has met with success.
Another client recently mentioned that she found the books on book proposals confusing—that she wasn’t sure how to apply the information and structure to her particular book. The books do a good job of providing a framework for writing your proposal, but they don’t always provide the nuances that make a proposal stand out, or the hints for how to apply the information to your particular book.
She encouraged me to share the tips and specific instructions I shared with her in a class format. So here it is: “How to Write a Winning Book Proposal to Help You Land the Agent and Publisher of Your Dreams.”
I’m only offering this class to my personal community—clients, Bring Your Book to Life Program participants and those who receive my newsletter and connect with me through social media. After all, I’ll be spilling my Book Proposal secrets!
In our two hour class by teleseminar, you’ll learn:
* The nuances of each section of the book proposal–and how to tailor that section for specific types of books
* How to take the strengths of your book and articulate them in a way that excites top agents and publishers
* Tips to take any weaknesses and turn them into strengths (This is absolutely critical in this competitive market!)
* How to think like an agent and an acquisitions editor, so they choose your work over the zillions of other proposals they see
* What you can do if you don’t have much of a platform or following, yet–learn 3 strategies that have worked for me and my clients to get published
* And other secrets that have helped my clients sign 5- and 6-figure book deals with major publishers
* And, oh, there is so much more.
Did I mention you’ll receive the book proposal worksheets I developed for a class I taught at Harvard Medical School’s CME publishing course? These sheets alone will save you hours of time–and help you make a compelling case for your book.
What would it be worth to have the information that can help you land a top agent and, ultimately, a publisher? This class will cost only $97. If you’ve been wondering how to write a compelling book proposal to help you land a top agent and traditional book deal, this is the class for you. Sign up here for How to Write a Winning Book Proposal to Help You Land the Agent and Publisher of Your Dreams.
When: Friday October 25 noon – 2pm ET, 9 am – 11 am PT
Where: Your phone (it’s an interactive teleseminar)
Cost: Only $97
How do I sign up?: Right here: How to Write a Winning Book Proposal: The Class
“Will Lisa answer individual questions on the call?”: Of course. Send your questions in ahead of time or ask on the call.
Nitin Gupta says
Hello, I want to write a novel on my real life , that named is Value of Room-Mate. This is in positive or negative both way. So i am not understanding how to write my introduction page. Please if u can then help me out.