If you’ve been thinking of going to the San Francisco Writers Conference but can’t quite make the whole event, consider signing up for one or two pre-conference or post-conference workshops. These fabulous workshops can help you:
* Connect with your muse.
* Hone new skills.
* Find and create community.
* Grow as a writer or business person.
* Have fun around writing and publishing.
* Raise your writing prowess another notch!
Open to All!
You do not have to go to the conference to sign up for these classes.
InterContinental Mark Hopkins Hotel, California & Mason Streets
Thursday, February 13TH
9 to noon
- WRITING IN THE ZONE: 5 Steps to Inspired Flow. Lisa Tener. $99
- WHAT’S THE BIG—OR LITTLE IDEA?: Creating a Concept that Will Succeed. Matthew Frederick. $99
- 3 STEPS TO A WINNING PROPOSAL: What you Need to Sell or Publish a Book. Mike Larsen. $99.
- PITCHCRAFT: How to Make The Perfect Pitch. Katharine Sands. $ 125
- BEING AN AUTHOR FOR THE LONG HAUL: How to Balance Marketing & Writing. Anne Hill. $99
6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- BLOOD MONEY: The Essential Elements of Bestselling Crime Fiction .Sheldon Siegel. $125
- THE TRUTH ABOUT FICTION: Finding Your Story and Understanding How to Tell It Chuck Adams. $125.
- PLOTTING FOR MIDDLE GRADE AND YOUNG ADULT STORIES. Martha Alderson. $99
- SUCCESS IN THE AGE OF MICROMEDIA: How to Think Like a Media Outlet to Grow Your Platform and Get More Publicity. Rusty Shelton. $125
- PREPPING YOUR IDEA AND YOURSELF FOR SUCCESS: 9 Steps for Developing a Winning Business Plan for Your Book . Nina Amir. $99
Monday, February 17TH
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- SELF-PUBLISHING BOOT CAMP: Going Step-by-Step to Publish, Promote, and Sell Your Books in Print and Every Popular E-book Format. This day-long boot camp with a team of experts is packed with how-to information on formatting, publishing, promoting, and selling your book in print and every popular e-book format. You will leave with the print version of the Self-Publishing Boot Camp Guide for Authors, freebies, discounts, and a clear vision of how to publishing your book. Carla King. $198
9 to noon
- HOW TO GET PUBLISHED SUCCESSFULLY. Arielle Eckstut and David Henry Sterry. $125
- HOW TO SELL ALMOST 100% OF YOUR NONFICTION WRITING. Gordon Burgett. $99
- UNLOCKING THE KEY TO YOUR MEMOIR: Finding Your Voice. Adair Lara. $125
2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- TERSE, TENSE & TIGHT: Taming Books into Screenplays and Teleplays. Marilyn R. Atlas. $125
- PUBLISH YOUR BOOK FREE IN MINUTES, MARKET IT WORLDWIDE IN DAYS. Gordon Burgett. $99
- HOW TO MANAGE SOCIAL MEDIA IN 30 MINUTES A DAY: 4 Steps for Saving Time While Meeting Your Goals. Frances Caballo. $99
- WORDPRESS BLOGS FOR NON-TECHIES: Bring Your Laptop, Leave with a Blog. Linda Lee. $99
More info here on San Francisco Writers Conference workshops for writers.
And here is the full schedule for the San Francisco Writers Conference.
Leave a Reply