Your Bangkok Book Writing Adventure Awaits
Have you ever gone on a retreat, or to a conference, and found that your creative output multiplies exponentially? That your ideas seem more inspired and out of the box?
As my friend and mentor Julia Griffin put it, after seeing an earlier version of this blog post, “When visiting another location—particularly a beautiful or exotic one—the weight of daily life falls away, expanding our potential to grasp more of the creative, inner self.
Do You Love to Travel?
I often tell aspiring authors that when they publish a great book, opportunities will come into their lives that they can’t even imagine. I’ve seen it time and again.
Many of my clients have traveled to exotic locations—or even moved to paradise—as a result of publishing their books.
The British National Health Service invited Martha Rhodes, author of 3,000 Pulses Later, to address researchers and mental health experts for the NHS’s official launch of TMS Therapy—the treatment for depression featured in her memoir. While in the UK, she also delivered speeches throughout Wales.
Just weeks later she spoke at a press dinner for the J.P. Morgan Global Healthcare Conference in San Francisco. Recently, Martha traveled to Emory University where she collaborated on a video and in other work related to TMS.
Pat Hastings, author of Simply a Woman of Faith, leveraged her book to lead retreats in Bermuda, on cruises to Mayan ruins and other exotic locations, and to teach workshops in Hawaii, based on the topic of her book. In fact, Pat’s workshop led to relocating to the Hawaiian paradise of her dreams. Becoming a published author did not just put Pat on the map—it put her all over the map, in a good way!
Janet Crain travels all over and recently emailed me from Florida, where she often teaches workshops based on her books, If You Want An Eggroll, Get Out of the Pizzeria and A Tree is Your Key: Unlock the Art of Tree Drawing Interpretation To Woo and Wow Everyone You Meet. My favorite email came when Janet wrote me from Paris, where she had just finished teaching her workshops. Mais, oui, Paris!
Cathy Turney traveled from San Francisco to Toronto to receive the 2015 International Business Award for Best Business Book of the Year (Gold Stevie Award) for Laugh Your Way to Real Estate Sales Success.
Dr. Randy Kamen, began offering retreats on beautiful Martha’s Vineyard after her book, Behind the Therapy Door, was published. She teaches a systematic approach to living a vibrant and wholehearted life.
Randy now enjoys annual weeklong speaking engagements at the Omega Institute, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, and the Red Mountain Spa and Resort. Dr. Kamen’s methods can be readily woven into the busiest of schedules!
Have you thought about where you’ll travel when your book gets published?
Well, you don’t need to wait until your book gets published for your book to take you to exotic destinations.
Join Me in Thailand to Get Started Writing Your Book—and Get the Support You Need to Finish, Too! Click To Tweet
About a month ago, Sebastien Leblond, a Bring Your Book to Life Program participant, and Managing Director Luke Salway invited me to teach a book writing program in Bangkok, Thailand through their company, NLP Top Coach, Ltd.
Sebastien, Luke and I brainstormed the perfect recipe to a) get you started on the right track to write a truly meaningful self-help or how-to book—one that has the power to transform something for your readers and make a difference in your work and in the world and b) support you to finish your book.
We hit upon the perfect combination: a three day workshop to get clear on your book concept and work with me in person to get it “just right” followed by four biweekly teleseminars to help you stay accountable and finish that first draft.
In the workshop you will learn to write a book that helps you:
- Elevate your status as a thought leader in your field.
- Leverage your expertise and skills for new opportunities in speaking, training, consulting and more.
- Attract ideal clients and lucrative new projects.
- Make a profound difference in the lives of your readers–and the people they touch.
Benefits of the training include:
- Get clarity on your vision and book concept before you write, saving time and making sure you write the right book.
- Leave with a clear idea of what your book is: readership, content, features, tone, structure, outline and more.
- Learn the secrets of compelling writing and get feedback from an award winning book coach and author.
- Connect with a community and instructor that will support you to complete your book.
Day 1: Clarify your vision and book concept.
Develop your personal vision statement to motivate you daily, keep you on track and focus
your efforts, so you “write the right book” from the start.
- Focus in on the ideal readers/market for your book.
- Brainstorm ideas that will make your book truly stand-out and be especially meaningful and
useful to your readers.
- Clarify the content, features and tone that will make your book resonate deeply for your readers.
- Create a plan for making time for writing your book and fitting it into your schedule.
Day 2: Create the Structure.
Refine your vision.
- Create an outline / structure for your book.
- Receive laser coaching: an opportunity to get input from an award winning book coach, who teaches on the faculty of Harvard Medical School’s CME publishing course.
- Add more detail to your outline.
- Learn my extraordinary process to tap into your creative source for clear answers.
Day 3: Start Writing Like a Pro.
Learn the secrets of compelling writing.
- Start writing your introduction, chapter one, or some of your anecdotes.
- Receive laser coaching: an opportunity for several people to share and get feedback from a pro.
Add more detail to your outline.
- Leave with a plan to finish your book.
- Learn my accountability system which works like magic to keep you on track—and pair up
with a partner to connect with until you complete your book.
Receive Ongoing Support through Four Interactive Teleseminars in October and November:
Get the support you need to finish your book. In these 4 follow-up teleseminars you will learn:
- More writing secrets.
- How to come up with the perfect title.
- How to brand your book and get media attention.
- How to edit your own work to make the writing shine.
- How to have a big impact on your readers.
- Publishing tips.
- How to plan your next steps.
- Much more!
In addition you will have:
- Accountability on each call.
- Opportunities to “trouble shoot” and get your habits working for you to complete the book.
- Laser coaching on the call to help you break through any blocks or answer specific questions about your book.
- Opportunities to brainstorm.
- 3 Day Workshop : Sept. 30 – Oct. 2 in Bangkok, Thailand
- Plus 2 Months of Followup Support: 4 x Group Coaching Sessions
While full price is $4997, the early bird pricing for this workshop is only $1,997 when you register by September 15. So, you’ll want to register quickly!
Feel free to ask your questions on this post as a comment or contact me to schedule a phone conversation to explore the possibility of working with me in person in Bangkok and getting a powerful start to your inspiring book!