Welcome to the journey of working through the 30 days of The Joy of Writing Journal. Get ready for fun, insights, playfulness and creative breakthroughs!
If you want to get October’s super-brief daily email reminders to help you form your daily journaling habit, just purchase your copy of The Joy of Writing Journal on Amazon and sign up here for the free adventure, if you haven’t already done so. Otherwise, you can mark your calendar and visit my blog directly each day. We will be referring to the day’s prompt from The Joy of Writing Journal for each corresponding day of our journey (Day 1, Day 2, etc.).
The Joy of Writing Journal
I wrote the Joy of Writing Journal to spark your creativity and help you experience a sense of joyful connection and community around your writing and/or journaling. And then I started journaling in it myself this summer.
Honestly, before I began, I felt resistance. Would it be inspiring or fall short? Were the prompts anything special? Would I be able to write each day?
Working Through The Joy of Writing Journal
What I found as I worked through the journal was that I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Exercises I felt particularly resistant to often led to creative breakthroughs. This surprised me.
The journal encouraged me to be playful, experience a no-judgment zone where I could experiment and explore.
I also gave myself permission to write my list but come back to the prompt the next day and double up if I did not feel inspired by the prompt that day. I always found myself with something to write the next day, usually surprising myself with a powerful insight or joyful experience.
A 30 Day Journey to Inspire You to Write
Over the next 30 days, I’ll share my journaling journey with excerpts from my own journal, insights relating to the day’s prompt and a peek into my experiences each day. I encourage you to do the same.
This 30 day journey can help you:
- Jump start a journaling or writing practice.
- Strengthen an already existing journaling practice.
- Spark your creativity.
- Lighten your mood.
- Provide fodder for other creative projects—writing and beyond!
Join Us and Enjoy Yourself!
With that in mind, I encourage you to journal daily and work through the 30 days of journaling with me and our community of journalers. Share insights, experiences or share a brief excerpt from your journal as a comment below. Use this opportunity to grow your journaling and writing practices. With The Joy of Writing Journal, you can create a journaling habit that sticks—or strengthen your current journaling.
A few things before we begin:
- Set aside time each day to work through the journal. I chose first thing in the morning because it’s the easiest appointment to keep. Plus it gives access to that liminal, dreamy, creative space one inhabits upon first waking.
- If you feel some resistance, consider just doing the list-making activity and doubling up the next day. You’ll likely find that your muse worked on it while you slept and you may be surprised at what flows from your pen.
- Miss a day? No problem: Double up the next day. Confession: I did this!
- I encourage you to share comments – an insight, how easy or hard you found the exercise, any surprises that came up, or share a brief excerpt from your journal.
- If you do not yet have a copy of The Joy of Writing Journal, buy it here.
- Sign up here for a brief daily email reminder for the next 30 days that will take you to this day’s exploration. (You will be asked to upload your receipt for purchasing the journal.) Note: Please check your spam and trash folders and move any emails to your inbox so you are sure to receive them on time!
I hope that you enjoy the 30 day journaling experience as much as I. Questions? Ask away as a comment below. Or share why you look forward to our 30 day journey together and what you hope to get out of it.