I had an interesting thought on a call with a client. Imagine that your book is taking the reader on a hero’s journey.
- How do you meet your reader where they are right now at the beginning of their quest?
- How do you engage them for this quest?
- What do they need to do or know to prepare for the quest?
- What is their quest?
- What do they need to take with them on the quest?
- What tools or supplies might support your reader along the way?
- What might they encounter on the quest?
- What is the transformation possible on this journey? How might the journey change your reader?
- What guides might support your reader on the journey? How can you help your reader access such guides?
What do you think of these questions? Do they help you conceptualize your book differently or better?
What other ideas come up for you as you envision the reader’s journey through your book? How can you make the book feel more like a journey or quest for your readers?
What other questions would we include here? I’d love your input and thoughts on this!