Lisa’s clients have signed 5- and 6-figure book deals with top publishers including Random House, HarperCollins, Hachette, St. Martin’s Press, New Harbinger, Beyond Words, New World Library, Yale University Press, Johns Hopkins University Press, ABC-CLIO/Praeger, Karnac Books (British publisher of much of Freud’s work), Health Communications (of Chicken Soup fame) and many more.
Hire a Book Proposal Coach who Gets Results
Certainly, traditional publishing has continued to become more competitive every year. Book Proposal Coach Lisa Tener specializes in helping nonfiction authors, especially how-to, self-help and memoir authors, develop a marketable book concept that remains authentic to your essence and vision. Lisa will also guide you to write a compelling book proposal, helping you fine tune each element of the proposal, so that your query letter and book proposal rise above the hundreds of others agents and publishers get every week.
For free, you can start here with an article on how to write a book proposal, which takes you step by step through the process. The article includes links to additional articles addressing specific sections of a book proposal and how to understand what agents and publishers are looking for for each particular section, as well as tips to make each section compelling and “spot on.”
The authors of the following books received book proposal guidance and editing from coach Lisa Tener:
Lisa can also refer you to a book proposal ghostwriter to write the book proposal for you if you prefer.
Book Proposal Challenges
Many aspiring authors feel daunted by the prospect of writing a nonfiction book proposal. Some of the biggest challenges a book proposal coach like Lisa Tener can help you with are learning how to:
- Structure your book proposal for maximum impact.
- Begin your book proposal in the most compelling manner, for your particular audience, genre and topic.
- Convince publishers that you’re likely to sell a large number of books.
- Compare your book to competitive and complementary books.
- Research the markets for your book.
- Develop a comprehensive, compelling and believable promotion plan.
- Grow your platform now, before you pitch agents and publishers.
- Write a nonfiction query letter.
- Write your author bio.
- Create a branded website and social media presence consistent with your book and the book’s audience.
- Be creative in your approach so that your book proposal stands out among others.
Book Proposal Coaching Can Provide:
- Step-by-step guidance to start and finish your book proposal.
- Accountability to make progress consistently.
- Support to break through blocks.
- Brainstorming creative ideas to make your book exceptional.
- Developing a business plan to go with your book to amplify success.
- Advice that will make your book proposal stand out in a crowded marketplace.
Here’s what top literary agent Jeanne Fredericks says about Lisa’s services:
“For qualified authors who have a marketable book in the works, I recommend that they consider drawing on Lisa’s expertise to help them polish their sample chapters and construct a winning proposal. She has the experience and talent that can make the difference between having a good submission packet and one that is professional and get results.”
– Jeanne Fredericks, literary agent