Are You Ready to Get Your Book
Out of Your Head and Into the Hands of Agents and Publishers?
Give Me 4-8 Weeks, and I’ll Show You How to Write a Polished and Powerful Book Proposal that Gets the Attention of Agents and Publishers.
You know you want to write your book.
And you’re clear you want to go the traditional publishing route.
It’s just that you’ve never written a book proposal before.
You know there are mistakes to avoid and ways to make your proposal stand out in a good way. You’re just not sure what those details are.
And you’re busy. You want to write your proposal efficiently, so you can get a winning proposal out to agents and publishers as quickly as possible.
You may feel overwhelmed, unsure of yourself or in over your head. Or you make a little progress, but then you get stuck because:
- You’re not sure how to structure your book… or how to make a strong start.
- The overall message of your book may still be a little fuzzy to you.
- You’re clear about your book but you get stuck on writing aspects of the book proposal—all that marketing stuff—Yikes!
- You’re so busy, it’s hard to make time consistently.
It’s okay. You’re not the only aspiring author who feels this way!
Hi. My name is Lisa Tener, and as a book coach and faculty member for Harvard Medical School’s CME leadership and publishing course, I’ve taught thousands of aspiring authors who faced the same doubts, obstacles and tight schedules you face now.
And the good news is, the committed authors not only went on to finish their books, they got their books published and leveraged their books into a multitude of new career opportunities, including:
- National publicity
- 5- and 6-figure book deals
- Invitations to travel and speak to audiences all over the world
- Access to top-level experts
- The launch of a whole new career
You can read some of their stories below.
But they didn’t do it alone.
These authors got the support, guidance and expertise they needed to get their book proposal written, get it done right… and enjoy the journey, every step of the way.
Now, you can, too.
“Fast Track Your Book Proposal”
A 4-week Teleclass and Book Proposal Adventure
Now you can get the clarity, guidance, support and accountability you need to finally write a top-notch book proposal for your non-fiction book.
Fast Track Your Book Proposal is 4-8 week program that will show you how to:
- Take your book from idea to book proposal in as little as 4-8 weeks.
- Maximize your time, energy and efficiency so you can start and easily finish your book proposal without completely putting the rest of your life on hold.
- Write your best book… the one you truly want to write. Not some fill-in-the-blank knock-off.
- Avoid getting stuck, stalled or derailed.
- Structure and title your book so it resonates with your target audience.
- Write a book proposal that’s professional, polished and compelling.
- Rest assured that your book and book proposal have “the right stuff” to catapult your career to the next level of success and fill your life with new, exciting possibilities.
Signed Book Deal with Johns Hopkins
“Lisa Tener helped me focus as a writer and guided me through writing a book proposal and finding an agent. She knows the publishing industry and is gifted in offering guidance and support. This is a tough industry. She did not sugar coat it, but helped me to focus on making my book marketable and true to my goals. The result? I now have an awesome agent and my book—Calming Your Anxious Child—is being published by Johns Hopkins University Press. Lisa deserves a lot of credit for helping me go from book idea to publishing. Thank you Lisa!”
This is Your Opportunity to Write Your Best Book Proposal, for a Book That Represents the Highest Expression of What You Know and the Message You Want to Share.
6-Figure Contract with Scribner
“Meeting Lisa Tener at Harvard Medical School’s publishing course changed my life – I landed a 6-figure book deal with Scribner. Lisa has an ability to bring out your creativity and at the same time she understands the business end of book writing and publishing.”
You’ll also get insider information on how to grow your platform develop a powerful marketing plan for your book and related business activities, and sell and leverage your book into multiple income-producing, life-changing opportunites.
Do you want to know why authors who work with Lisa Tener have many times ended up with lucrative book deals, prestigious national book awards, Amazon bestsellers, invitations to be keynote speakers at national conferences, more top-paying clients, all-expenses paid travel opportunities and the career of their dreams?
Because Lisa will provide the information needed to:
- Position your book to appeal to the media.
- Create a brand from your book.
- Get stellar endorsements from experts, authors and celebrities.
- Generate a viral buzz for your book.
- Leverage your book into multiple income opportunities.
- Land an agent, if you’re looking to traditionally publish.
Signed with Random House
“Lisa helped me fine-tune my book proposal and cultivate my style and voice as a writer. She knows what agents and publishers are looking for, understands what readers want, and has a strong, instinctive sense for balancing syntax and style. Through it all, Lisa was insightful and gracious – a pleasure to work with and a tremendous asset.”
And Don’t Worry.
Your book-proposal-writing adventure gets to be as fun and rewarding as finishing your final draft, getting a publishing deal or receiving a slew of great blurbs, reviews and recommendations.
If you decide to write your book proposal all by yourself, you may start off strong, full of inspiration and determination. Then, a few weeks down the road, you slam into a wall.
You start to have days, even weeks, when you feel like you’re slogging through a swamp of resistance, writer’s block and self-doubt. Then you find yourself coming up with some flimsy-but-acceptable excuses as to why you can’t work on your book proposal today. Or tomorrow, for that matter.
And, well, you know how the story ends…
I’m not going to let it happen to you!
When we work together in Fast Track Your Book Proposal, you can:
- Keep your creative fires burning brightly, break through resistance, conquer writer’s block and truly enjoy the process of writing and editing.
- Quickly call upon and connect with your own “Creative Muse” any time you need a boost of inspiration or fresh ideas.
- Discover and develop your authentic writing voice and unique style.
- Use your outline as a writing roadmap so you never feel lost or stuck.
- Enjoy the support, creative brainstorming and camaraderie offered by your fellow authors.
- Get step-by-step guidance to write your proposal.
- Get your personal questions answered by your writing coach and mentor (that’s me!) throughout the class.
And when you choose the silver or gold option, you will also be able to:
- Feel confident in your writing ability as you hone your skills and receive feedback and suggestions.
- Get the specific feedback you need to make your proposal stand out and be compelling.
- Schedule private calls when you need expert guidance, support or feedback.
But Before You Get Too Excited, You Need to Know…
This Program Is Not For Everybody.
Okay, I’ll admit. It was thrilling to win the Silver Stevie Award for the work I do.
But do you want to know what’s even better than winning an award?
The success stories of my clients—graduates of my award-winning Bring Your Book to Life® program and clients I’ve guided to write winning book proposals.
3 Chapters in a Week; Book Deal in 6 Months
“I thought about writing a book for 17 years, but I struggled to tell my story. In January 2010, I started Bring Your Book to Life® and the ideas came so fast, I had to pull over when driving in order to take notes. The first set of exercises was so helpful that I outlined the book and wrote three chapters in the first week.
After I completed most of my first draft, Lisa showed me how to fine tune my book proposal. With her help, I got a top agent and signed a book deal. Just a year after I started Lisa’s program, I handed in my final edited chapters to my publisher. Now I’m an award winning published author.”
Published by New World Library; Today Show Guest: “I felt lost until I found Lisa.”
“I felt lost until I found Lisa Tener. Lisa helped me get essential clarity by focusing on both what I felt most passionate about and what would make the book most meaningful and appealing to publishers and readers.
“Under Lisa’s guidance, I worked on my book proposal and platform. She guided me to pitch to Psychology Today where I now blog, and advised me about media opportunities. I’ve now appeared on the Today Show twice!
“Lisa’s expert assistance with my book proposal and platform, her guidance with agents, and her advice to attend Harvard Medical School’s publishing course where Lisa serves on the faculty, all helped me secure a top agent. And now my book has been published by New World Library.
“Lisa continues to send me links to articles or blog posts to comment on. In one case, this led to wide-ranging publicity including interviews, a scholarly journal reference, and speaking invitations. In fact over a year later that one article continues to rack up about 5-10,000 new views each week. Lisa has lots of good ideas and she also seems to have an intuitive knack of knowing when and where to put your efforts!”
“Lisa was the one person who believed in me.”
“Lisa Tener is outstanding! She’s the reason my co-author and I are getting published this fall. I was fortunate to meet Lisa at the Harvard Book Publishing course in Boston many years ago and we stayed in touch.
“As a clinician, navigating the book publishing world is like entering a foreign land without a map or guide. Lisa helped us understand the publishing world and guided us through the overwhelming book proposal process. She helped clarify our vision and create a timeline so we could write a proposal that captured our purpose in an effective manner.
“Lisa is the one person who believed in me and pushed me to realize that it would happen and that it needed to happen.
“As a result, our cookbook for athletes and fit people, Real Fit Kitchen, was just published by Fair Winds Press. Thanks Lisa!”
“I received two offers and signed a book deal with New Harbinger.”
“Lisa believed in my book, and me as a writer, before I did. With her wealth of experience, she was the perfect coach to have my back as I wrote chapters, put together a book proposal, developed my platform and figured out the best publishers for my book. She contacted acquisition editors, facilitating the process smoothly and successfully, advising me along the way. I received two offers and signed a book deal with New Harbinger. Thank you, Lisa, from the bottom of my heart.”
I can’t wait to show you how easy and rewarding it can be to write a compelling book proposal, stay inspired and feel confident in your ability to get your book out there… without wasting time, getting stuck or feeling overwhelmed.
Get Ready For the Juicy Details!
Fast Track Your Book Proposal includes award-winning book writing materials, guidance from a top expert in the field and a 4-week teleclass that has all the advantages of a live workshop.
Our sessions are highly interactive. While each class is designed to cover certain material, you tell me what you need most during our time together…. so you don’t have to sit through hours of material you don’t need or already understand.
We use a special conferencing system that allows you to experience the same type of personal interaction, instant feedback and personal connection you usually get in a live workshop. We even have the ability to break into smaller groups for greater focus, feedback and brainstorming.
And We Can Get Started Before Class Begins!
As soon as you register, you will receive:
The Quick Start to Kick-Start Your Book: Turn Your Passion into Profit, a self-study guide to give you a head start on clarifying your book’s message, concept and structure.
Plus, this program will help you create a timeframe for writing your book that works with your schedule.
And if you choose the Silver or Gold Program, You will also receive:
A private, one-on-one book writing consultation session with me in which we’ll clarify the overall concept for your book—including features, tone, overall content and more — review your outline and make sure your book appeals to the right target market. Plus, I will continue to give you feedback on your outline until you are confident that you have one that best suits your book and your market. Need more than one consultation to get clarity? No problem.
Before our first class, you can have a book concept, content and structure that is sure to engage your target market and be highly marketable.
You will also receive:
- The Savvy Author’s Guide to Write a Winning Book Proposal
- And Lisa’s proprietary Savvy Author’s Book Proposal Worksheets
We will use this additional information throughout the live teleseminars, but if you’re eager to get writing, you can start in on this material right away.
And Away We Go!
Once you’ve had a chance to clarify the concept of your book, create your outline, consult with me one-on-one (if you’ve chosen Gold or Silver) and possibly start writing your first chapter, our weekly classes will begin!
|Wednesday||May 31, 2017||8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT|
|Wednesday||June 7, 2017||8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT|
|Wednesday||June 14, 2017||8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT|
|Wednesday||June 21, 2017||8:30pm ET/5:30pm PT|
As Soon as you Sign up: Your Book Concept and Foundation
- Clarify and understand your target market.
- Identify highly successful competitive books and ways in which yours is both similar and unique.
- Develop your book concept, including features, tone and more to empower and engage your readers.
- Develop a structure/outline.
- Support time management and commitment.
Week 1: Start Easy
- Learn the elements of a successful book proposal.
- Tackle the “easy parts” (whatever that means for you).
- Write the Markets for the Book section.
- Write up the Competitive Analysis section.
- Choose the optimal chapters for your samples.
- Begin writing sample chapters.
Week 2: Discover Your Voice
- Continue writing your sample chapters.
- Learn the “Secrets of Compelling Writing.”
- Begin to discover your voice.
- Develop the strategies and structure for your overview.
- Learn to create a brand around your book.
- PIck up tips for your “About the Author” section
- Easily crank out your “Specifications and Delivery” section
Week 3: Your Book is a Media Magnet!
- Develop an irresistible book promotion plan.
- Create a strategy to grow your platform..
- Learn how to write a book that helps promote itself.
- Position your book to appeal to the media.
- Discover how to get endorsements from other experts, authors and celebrities.
- Learn publicity and sales secrets from best-selling writers.
- Brainstorm Spin-offs for your book.
- Learn how to enjoy the editing process—and quickly become good at it.
- Discover the 3 sure-fire ways to transform your writing from “pretty good” to “great.”
- Pick up priceless writing and editing tips from experienced authors.
- Learn to leverage your book into multiple income opportunities.
- Turn your outline into the Chapter Outlines Section.
- Complete your Overview, format your proposal and polish each section.
- An easy grammar guide
- What to look for in a professional editor, should you choose to hire one
- How to land an agent and publisher
- Tips for connecting with agents and publishers
- Publicity and sales secrets from best-selling writers
- Pssst! I’ll also share my special tip to make your book a viral sensation.
Get Writing, Keep Writing and Finish Your Book Proposal First Draft
Every aspect of this program, from the weekly classes, to the written materials, to the optional accountability partner system is designed to keep you writing and focused on finishing a first draft or final draft.
Accountability à la mode
There is nothing like the support of your fellow authors to keep you in the creative groove and on schedule. But you’ll not only have the accountability and support of the group, you’ll also have your own accountability partner. I will even give you a proven, time-saving check-in format so you and your partner keep your meetings brief, efficient and effective.
(If you’re someone who likes to get a jump on things, you can request to be assigned an accountability partner even before class begins.)
Your Own Personal Writing Coach and Editor
Throughout the program, I’ll give you my advice on how to write and finish your book. I’m there if you have questions, face a challenge or need support to get back on track. And if you sign up for the Gold or Silver Programs, you can schedule a private phone call right away.
If you have any questions about Fast Track Your Book Proposal, or if you’re still not sure it’s for you, please email me. I’ll get back to you right away.
One Question You Must Be Asking…. “How Much Does It Cost?”
Choose from the following programs:
Bronze Program: $1,497
- “Quick Start to Kick- Start Your Book” study program
- The Savvy Author’s Book Proposal Guidebook
- Lisa’s Book Proposal Worksheets
- 4 live, highly interactive teleclasses that have all the advantages of a live workshop.
- Your own accountability buddy to keep you writing and committed to the process. (optional)
- Plus, 12 Bonus Gifts!
Silver Program: $4,447
- All of the above plus:
- A private, one-on-one book concept consultation with Lisa in which we’ll clarify the overall concept for your book, review your outline and make sure your book appeals to the right target market. Need more than one? Not a problem.
- Continued feedback on your outline until you’re confident you have the right one.
- Your own writing and editing coach, Lisa Tener, will give you detailed feedback on your entire book proposal—once through on each section, including up to 50 pages of sample chapters.
Gold Program: $7,997
- All of the above plus:
- Feedback and editing on your sample chapters, up to 3 additional times.
- Feedback and editing of all sections of your book proposal, up to 2 additional times.
- Up to 4 Additional private phone calls with Lisa to:
- Brainstorm your promotion plan and platform building and get Lisa’s expertise and bright ideas.
- Brainstorm ideas for an Overview that hooks agents and publishers.
- Get a quick breakthrough if you feel stuck.
- Note: You can also use your 4 calls as bi-weekly coaching and check-ins, if preferred.
When you consider the possibilities that will open to you once you become a published author, your tuition could be one of the best investments you can make in your future.
I spent over a hundred thousand dollars on my writing, marketing and entrepreneurial education at MIT—studying with many top experts, including the late Frank Conroy, who became Director of the famed Iowa Writer’s Workshop and was considered one of the top writing teachers of the last few decades. I also completed both Bachelors and Masters degrees in business management at MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
Then I spent many more years in the trenches helping clients publish and even get 5- and 6-figure book deals with top publishers.
When you work with me, you’ll benefit from all of this education and experience.
As one Bring Your Book® to Life graduate put it, “It’s like getting a graduate school education in writing and publishing a book.”
If you read the testimonials above, you know it is possible for you to land a 5- or even 6-figure business deal, become an Amazon best-seller or a featured keynote speaker. All of this and more is possible for you. There is a whole new world of money-making and soul-satisfying opportunities available to you.
So, don’t hesitate. Let’s get your book proposal written now.
Get A Load of These Special Bonuses!
When you register today, you will receive all these special bonus gifts:
- Writing Breakthrough: 5 Steps for Writing with Ease & Inspiration
- Build Your Credentials and Platform as an Author
- 5 Ways to Land an Agent with a Wildly Successful Book Proposal
- 5 Best Ways to Meet & Pitch Top Literary Agents
- Empowered Author: How to Avoid the Ten Worst Mistakes of New Authors
- Choosing the Optimal Publishing Option
- 3 Speedy Authors Share Their Secrets For Writing A Book In Just A Few Weeks
- Lisa’s Meet Your Muse Visualization
- Secrets to Compelling Writing
- Publishing Trends: What Agents and Publishers Are Looking For in This Market (and How to Attract Their Attention)
- Michael Larsen’s Thriving in the Golden Age for Writers: 45 pages packed with tips and inspiration for authors
- Audio recordings of Lisa interviewing top literary agents on the subjects of book contracts, platform building, their best tips and strategies and more.
If after the first class, you’re not satisfied that the class delivered what was promised, you will receive a full refund, minus the fee for any private work we’ve done prior to class, as long as you let me know within two days of class and you return your materials in like-new condition (it’s okay if you take off the shrink-wrap!)
I understand that after the first live teleclass, if I feel the class didn’t deliver what was promised, I can receive a full refund, minus the fee for any private work I’ve done with Lisa prior to class. I understand that this guarantee applies only if I let Lisa know within two days of class and I return all the materials in like-new condition, minus the shrink-wrap.
Sign up now, get started and you could have a finished proposal by June. And you will know how to edit your book, sell it and leverage it into new opportunities, new clients, new sources of income or maybe even a whole new career.
And you won’t have to do it all alone.
Join me, and let’s Fast Track Your Book Proposal!
P.S. I know you’re busy and you’re probably wondering if it’s really possible to write your book proposal when you’re already so strapped for time. Let me tell you right now, it is possible. And it doesn’t have to be hard! All it takes is your commitment, a little creative planning and some strategic time management. I’ll show you how.
P.P.S. If you have any questions or need more information, please email me. I’d be happy to talk to you about your book and help you get clear about whether Fast Track Your Book Proposal is the best program for you—and we can also pick the optimal option.