Interview Lisa on Book-Writing, Publishing, Creativity or Entrepreneurship
Lisa brings authority and authenticity to her interviews on publishing, book writing and creativity.
Lisa is a Stevie Award-winner in multiple categories from entrepreneurship and marketing to coaching and media, and a writing and publishing coach whose clients have received 5- and 6-figure book deals from major publishers. Her latest book, The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day won the 2022 Silver Nautilus Book Award and another about-to-be-announced award (May 2022).
Lisa’s Latest TV Interview
How journaling can benefit your mental health
As part of Mental Health Awareness Month, WFXR News' Amanda Kenney spoke with me on "Good Day Virginia" about how journaling can lift your mood, help you de-stress, and more.
Your Next Inspiring Guest...
As one podcast host put it, “Lisa’s warmth and playfulness come through, empowering listeners and hosts with an 'I can do it' attitude in applying her expertise.”
Lisa brings both authority and authenticity to her interviews on publishing and book writing, offering wise advice, coaching tips and her signature creative inspiration to any interview.
As a Stevie Award-winner in multiple categories from entrepreneurship and marketing to coaching and media; as a writing and publishing coach whose clients have received 5- and 6-figure book deals from major publishers and appeared all over major media channels; as a writer who studied with greats including Frank Conroy and A.R. “Pete” Gurney, Jr.; and as a teacher who served on the faculty of Harvard Medical School’s CME publishing and women’s leadership courses (the former for over a dozen years), Lisa Tener brings decades of experience to her interviews. Her loving personality shines through and engages host and guests in the possibilities of their creative and business endeavors.
Potential Interview Topics include
- The New Face of Journaling - a multimedia experience
- 8 Creative Mood Boosters for stressful times/pandemic
- Problem-Solve Your Life through Journaling
- 5 Keys to Creative Flow (using the TENER Method)
- How to Write and Publish a Successful Nonfiction Book
- Writing, Publishing, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Creativity, Innovation
Tips on how to start journaling and create the life you deserve
I share how journaling has helped me with life's biggest challenges and how you can use it to help create the life you want.
Putting pen to paper may help you heal, improve mental health
I share how journaling has helped me with life's biggest challenges and encourage viewers to engage their creativity when writing.
The Real Impact of Writing a Book
Listen to this episode of the Inspired Insider Podcast with Dr. Jeremy Weisz featuring book coach Lisa Tener and two Bring Your Book to Life(R) graduates and authors Vanessa Levin and Christopher Littlefield. We discuss the process, lessons, and impact of publishing a book, and each author shares their journey and advice for turning your idea into a published work. Watch here
Author Coach Lisa Tener - Spark Your Creativity with the Joy of Writing Journal
Elizabeth-Hamilton Guarino and I discuss why journaling is so helpful right now, how to create an empowering journaling habit and the ways that The Joy of Writing Journal goes beyond the usual journaling practice to create support, community, and an elevated experience through a multimedia experience. I also reveal stories of how journaling changed my life! Listen here
Leadership at All Levels with Gail Alofsin, WADK radio, Newport, RI
We cover how to write a Valentines Day card that woos and wows in 6 minutes, the power of journaling, and our book writing and publishing journeys. Listen here
Ditch Your New Year's Resolutions
Many people make resolutions for a new year. I spoke with about KCEN-TV / NBC why you should think twice before setting resolutions in 2021.
|I shared "Top 8 Mood Busters" on HLN Weekend Express with Susan Hendricks. Did you know humming calms and relaxes and journaling can shift your mindset?|
|Honored to be quoted in Organic Spa Magazine on creativity.|
|Read my interview of bestselling author Mitch Albom about his latest book, Finding Chika (for Jewish Rhode Island). And here are the “outtakes” from that interview, where Mitch Albom talks about book writing, voice and process.|
|How to Write a Successful Book Proposal on First Editing with JoEllen Taylor, Watch now|
|Is it Time to Write that Book? on Smart Women Talk Radio with Katana Abbott|
How to Write a Successful Book Proposal on First Editing with JoEllen Taylor, Watch here
|Leadership at All Levels with Gail Alofsin, WADK, Newport, Listen here|
|Midlife and Book writing on Your Bold Life Podcast with Val Selby, Listen now|
|How to Wow Agents and Publishers with Your Nonfiction Book Proposal on the Amplify Your Success Podcast with Melanie Benson Listen here|
|How to Write a Successful Book for your Business, Outlier Marketing Group (OMG Podcast) with Jamie Palmer, Read here|
|Quoted by VICE in an informative article by Seamus Kirst and featured/quoted by Market Watch!|
|Quoted in the Business section of the New York Times.|
- What Puzzles Can Teach Us About Writing
- How I Got Unstuck and Embraced My Creativity Again
- Connecting with Your Creative Source
- What We Love About Independent Bookstores
- When to Edit Your Writing
- How to Choose a Book Idea
- Writing Meltdown? Help is on the Way.
- Stuck? How to Create a Conducive Environment to Move Forward in Life and Work
In The News & ‘Round the Web
- How to Consult the Muse: A Case Study: Guest Post for San Francisco Writer's Conference
10 Ways to Enhance Your Fiction Writing through Journaling: Guest post for Live Write Thrive
- Creating a Writing Habit: Written Interview by Jennie Nash, founder of Author Accelerator
- 9 Ways to Use Journaling to Spark Creativity: Guest Post for San Francisco Writer's Conference
- Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day: interview on Laurie Hunt's "Moving into Possibility" Blog
- Creating Through Uncertain Times: Inaugural interview on the Spark Your Creative Podcast Series with Sharon Burton.
- 3 Writing Prompts to Spark Your Creativity (excerpt) on Jane Friedman's blog
Advice On Launching A Book: On Doctors on Social Media
The BA Band: on Book Architecture's Blog
How to Use Your 5 Senses to Stimulate Creative Flow on Psychology Today
- How to Keep Your Team Engaged in a Remote Meeting on Successful Meetings Online (Dec. 2020)
- 9 Creative Meeting Ideas for Remote Teams in HR Daily Advisor and on HR.com (Nov. 2020) and Young Upstarts (Dec. 2020)
- Video Wiki: 5 Helpful Resources For Aspiring Authors
- Organic Spa Magazine (2020)
- My interview of Mitch Albom for Jewish Rhode Island
- Quoted in VICE
Interviews & Quotes
Your Next Podcast Guest?
“I love the creative range of podcasts. While I can certainly supply interview questions, I especially enjoy when a host comes up with questions that stem from their own desires, dreams and curiosity. The spontaneity of such podcasts make for a fun show for everyone involved.”
Lisa has guested on podcasts with a variety of audiences, from entrepreneurs to experts to aspiring authors, coaches, healthcare professionals, creatives and more.
You’ll find her answers rooted in two decades of expertise and an intuitive and creative nature.
“When looking for an engaging guest host for Reading with Robin for a day I’d be out of town, I immediately thought of Lisa Tener, who’s been an insightful and entertaining guest on the show several…Read more...