A frequent speaker on how to write a book and get published, entrepreneurial subjects and creativity, Lisa Tener’s engaging and interactive style inspires aspiring authors and entrepreneurs to get their books written, engage their creativity and succeed in their entrepreneurial endeavors. Lisa offers a wide range of options from keynotes and presentations to hands-on workshops and interactive teleseminars.
Whether it’s a gathering of entrepreneurs, healing professionals, or thought leaders, Lisa Tener has an array of topics that can be adapted to your organization, group or company’s needs. She brings clarity, ease and fun to book writing, publishing, marketing and other entrepreneurial topics. To inquire about availability or discuss the needs of your organization, please contact us.
Writing to Riches: Tapping the Power of Blogs, Books and Other Writing to Brand and Delight in Your Work
BookMania: Everyone’s Writing a Book; Should You?
Beyond Your Book: How to Leverage Your Book for a Successful Business
The Author’s Advantage: What Your Book Can Do For Your Business and Your Life (& First 5 Steps to Start)
Many successful entrepreneurs, professionals, and executives are becoming published authors for the many benefits it brings. In fact, some people are feeling left behind because they haven’t published a book. Discover if it’s right for you and how to get started.
In this hands-on workshop participants will learn:
- Benefits of writing a book
- How other entrepreneurs, professionals, and executives are using their books to build their expert-status, business and income
- How to write a book: first 5 steps to start
- How to decide if you’re ready
Other Speaking Topics
Raise Your Platform: How to Grow Your Following Fast
The Savvy Author’s Publishing Options
Additional Topics: Gold Stevie Award Winner and Marketer of the Year in Media at the American Business Awards 2012, Lisa received her bachelor’s and master’s degrees from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and speaks on additional business topics including entrepreneurship, marketing, and work-life balance.
Selected List of Speaking Venues
Writing/Publishing Conferences and Centers
- Harvard Medical School CME Publishing Course: 2006 – 2016 (speaker, panelist and workshop leader)
- Association of Rhode Island Authors (ARIA) featured speaker
- San Francisco Writers Conference: workshop leader, panelist, consultations
- Ocean State Summer Writing Conference (2013 Panelist on Publishing; 2012 Speaker on Savvy Author’s Publishing Options; 2011 Speaker on Social Media for Authors; 2010, Panelist: Promoting Your Work with New & Traditional Media Panel)
- All That Matters, Wakefield, RI (several workshops annually)
- Rhode Island Library Association Annual Conference
- International Women’s Writing Guild’s Meet the Authors Conference (panelist)
- IGNITE! “Enlighten us but make it quick.” Wakefield, RI
- Festival of Rhode Island Authors
- Dozens of libraries and bookstores
Business and Professional Conferences / Organizations
- Bryant University Women’s Summit (presenter)
- Newport Interactive Marketers (keynote)
- International Coach Federation New England, Featured Presenter: Write That Book! Get Started with the Right Book and Grow Your Coaching Business
- America Means Business Conference, NYC, sponsored by The Stevie Awards 10th Anniversary. Presenting on one of the two main stages on “How I Did It” (grew my business)
- Fire Up Your Business Conference (sharing the platform with these luminaries: T. Harv Ecker, Joe Vitale, Ken Foster, Penny Sansevieri, Arvee Robinson and more)
- Emerging Women in Business, Advancing Women Entrepreneurs (multiple years)
- Association of Image Consultants International (International Conference)
- New England Holistic Chamber of Commerce (keynote) (multi-year)
- Medical Fusion Conference
- Gloria Gemma Foundation First Annual Passport to Survivorship Conference
- Women’s Club SWANS (Keynote)
- Inspiring Women Speaker Series sponsored by Aspire Magazine
- Love, Light, Laughter event workshop leader (Writing in the Zone)
- Lotus Rising, Fall River
Corporations and Hospitals
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute (3 presentations on “Anger-obcis)
- New Balance Shoes
- University Professional Development Center, Wakefield RI
Lisa also teaches book-writing courses privately in Narragansett RI and by teleseminar.