Tara Sage Steeves and I created the Bestselling Author Dream Contest to help people get in the spirit of The Dream Party. It’s a fun exercise, but you may have wondered, Isn’t it more important to be writing my book than writing about my book? (especially if you haven’t finished writing yet).
The answer is that those “dream out loud” exercises are almost as important as writing your book. They put you into that space of motivation:
* Why am I writing this book?
* How is my life going to be different when I’m a published author?
* How will my reader’s lives be different?
I invite you to answer the above questions and fill in all the details–use all you senses to make your answers seem real to yourself. I promise it will help you write your book and assist in all these aspects:
* Making the time
* Persevering when you feel daunted
* Enjoying the process and moving forward more easily
* Creating a table of contents and outline that speaks to your readers and their needs
* Affecting what you write and how you connect with your readers
In addition to motivating you and providing the above benefits, there truly is something magical about spending an evening experiencing the feelings of what it would be like to have your dreams come true. You get more clarity about what you want. And you create and attract it faster–with more ease and less resistance.
Share your insights and inspiration as comments to the blog, or just write them for yourself.
So, are you wondering about the contest? We had some very inspiring dreams and, as a result, all who entered the contest will receive a handmade bookmark made by Dawn Warnock.
And now…drumroll please..the contest winners are:
1st place: 1 VIP ticket to the dream party for Shannon Baer. Shannon, your details about nature and what your book will do for you and your readers makes it so real!