Plus, you may choose to be notified when my new book launches, "The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day"!
Are you still racking your brain for some creative and heartfelt gifts for writers and book lovers in your life? Or maybe you want to send a few hints to the people who love and appreciate you!
Here are some of my favorite
Gifts for Writers and Book Lovers:
1. Bookmarks: Cozy Mil Art offers beautiful felt bookmarks and you may find it hard to choose from these scholarly mice, dogs and angels. You can find plenty of other great bookmarks on Etsy as well, including silver spoon bookmarks that say “Just one more chapter” (my teen bibliophile is getting one of those) or a miniature leather book that hangs from its silver bookmark.
2. Journals are always a favorite of mine–both to give and to receive. Ten Thousand Villages has a lovely selection and, as a nonprofit, the funds from sales of their items work to improve the livelihood of tens of thousands of disadvantaged artisans in 38 countries. This handmade journal from Bangledesh features a border made from a recycled silk sari and it’s on sale half price! Check out their lovely Indonesian bamboo journal with its eco-vibe or find several other choices on their website.
3. Jewelry: Art of the Booke on Etsy offers some lovely book earrings made from marbelized paper. You’ll find a huge selection of book earrings throughout Etsy if you search on “book earrings.”
4: Nonfiction Books for Writers and Others: For insights that will help you tap into your creativity and raise your consciousness, I love Dr. Patricia Hoy’s Arts Awareness: A Fieldbook for Awakening Creative Consciousness in Everyday Life. I had the pleasure of working with Patricia as her book proposal coach and editor. Stuart Horwitz’s Book Architecture: How to Plot and Outline Without Using a Formula is an especially good gift for both fiction or memoir writers.
And for anyone who’s having trouble completing a writing project, give them a copy of Sam Bennett’s Get It Done: From Procrastination to Creative Genius in 15 Minutes a Day. And as a writer who spends way too much time sitting at a computer, I’ve ordered my own copy of 52 Ways to Love Your Body by Nautilus Award-Winning Author Kimber Simpkins.
5. Writing- and Book-Related Fiction: Some of my favorite recent reads that will especially appeal to writers and book lovers are The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin and Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan.
6. Books to Help Authors Build Platform and Sell Books: A continued favorite of mine is Frances Caballo’s Social Media Just for Writers. I’ve also pre-ordered Mastering the New Media Landscape: Embrace the Micromedia Mindset by Rusty Shelton and Barbara Cave Henricks.
6. My Entry Level Book Writing Program, Quick Start To Kick Start Your Book, offers the perfect starting place for an aspiring nonfiction author, particularly for a how-to or self-help book. It will help the recipient of your gift get clear on their vision, goals, audience, book concept, content, features, tone, structure and more–all the important things to know before writing your book. Give it as a gift, put it on your list for Santa or suggest it to a loved one who wants to give you something especially meaningful. There’s a downloadable version and also one that comes with a physical workbook, CD and supportive email prompts.
And, here is my holiday gift for you: a free copy of The 5 Must-Knows Before You Get Started On Your Book.