New Year’s is a great time to remember the good of 2022 and consciously envision and create your new year through journaling or other writing.
So, let’s thank and treasure 2022—in writing! Here are 5 ways to do so. Try one or try them all.
- Your Gratitude: Write a list, a poem or a thank you letter to your higher power, yourself or life itself.
- A Compliment: Send someone a text, email, beautiful card or letter sharing how they contributed to your happiness or growth in 2022. Of course, one can get carried away by this one. Once those endorphins kick in you may find yourself writing many!
- A Loss: Consider writing about a loss you grieved in 2022–a loved one who died, a dream you let go of, a change in lifestyle. Honoring the loss can help you release it and make room for something new to bloom, or in the case of a loved one, honoring the loss and help you heart feel both the grief of the loss and the gladness for their place in your life.
- A Regret: Was there something you wish you’d accomplished but hadn’t made time for (ahem, a book, perhaps?)? Here’s a place to write about what got in the way and whether you want to revive this dream or goal for 2023.
- A Beautiful Memory: Write about one or more memories you’ll treasure about this year.
By the way, if you want join me to journal our way out of 2022 and set a vision for 2023, just make a purchase of The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day this December, and before December 28 at 11 am ET, and you and your friend can attend free. Just send me your receipt and I’ll send you the link for you and your friend.