How to overcome overwhelm is on my mind because….
Okay, I’m sure you can guess. I occasionally slide into overwhelm in preparing for my January launch for my book titled…well…it doesn’t have a title yet.
So, that right there feels like…
Nope, not gonna go there. Breathe, Lisa.
Okay, from the trenches, 5 Tips to Overcome Overwhelm
- Breathe: Reset your brain and body with a nice deep, abdominal breath.
- Prioritize Self-care: I have to slap my hand sometimes as it reaches for the keyboard. Qigong or a walk in nature. Then email. What’s your biggest slip up and what’s your self-care superpower?
- Prioritize Tasks and Pick the Most Important: Do you try to take on too much in a day? Get distracted? I do. And the thing that serves me best is to figure out the one thing that’s most important to get done that day. True confession: Still working on it. I have trouble keeping my daily to-do list to one page. And some days I forget to consult it. Slowly, I’m getting better at a shorter list.
- Stay Focused: Turn off your phone, ignore email. Don’t get distracted by other work.
- Take Breaks: Breaks, however, are not a distraction. Self-care breaks like movement, deep breathing or time in nature can keep you energized and sharpen your mind.
I’m keeping the post short today so you can get back to your writing priorities and I can return my attention to book titles and editing.
Enjoy the day and stay focused, keep calm, and carry on!