Plus, you may choose to be notified when my new book launches, "The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day"!
Carol Got Unstuck
“Last summer I imagined being 80 years old and asked myself, ‘What regrets would I have?’ Not finishing and publishing my book. That would be a big regret.” Carol A. Lambert’s work on her book and book proposal had slowed down due to a couple of personal transitions.
“Life got in the way. My progress was slow, on and off.”
When she anticipated the potential regret of not finishing, Carol decided to make the book a priority again.
“I felt stuck, though, not as energized. Then I got an email to sign up for the free call Writing in the Zone.” That call inspired Carol to sign up for the series of the same name.
The 6 Elements That Got Carol Unstuck
Several elements of Writing in the Zone helped Carol overcome her writing challenges:
1. Passion: “Writing in the Zone helped me find my way back to my passion.”
2. Commitment: “I needed a committed way to make it happen. In the class, I made a commitment to the process, to Lisa and to my accountability partner. That worked. It helped me follow through.”
3. Structure: “The structure kept me on task. Weekly calls with my accountability partner also made it easy to stay on track.”
4. Community: “When my partner felt a lack of confidence and asked, ‘Who am I to write a book?’ I sent her the Marianne Williamson quote, ‘Who are you not to…?'” The mutual support, just 15 minutes a week, energized Carol.
5. Vision: “I loved the exercise of creating a vision statement. And hearing other people’s vision statements also helped me clarify mine.”
6. Momentum: “The focus on gratitude at the end of each writing session left me feeling inspired and grateful instead of disappointed. That was very powerful for me. Writing in the Zone got me unstuck and carried me through the rest of the process.”
In Carol’s case, after she got unstuck, “the rest of the process” meant completing a book proposal with brainstorming, guidance and feedback from me. We queried two acquisitions editors I knew and Carol received offers from both publishers. Both publishers were very excited about Carol’s book, Women with Controlling Partners and Carol and I are thrilled with the level of passion and resources that New Harbinger brought to publishing and promoting her book.
November 2017 Update:
Carol’s book is now published and you can buy it here.
While I am not currently teaching Writing in the Zone, I will be teaching Bring Your Book to Life® in February and it’s not too early to sign up and begin the private work with me to get started!