Would you like a simple meditation to write with ease and break through your creative challenges?
This morning, I worked on a post for you about New York Times bestsellers but I struggled to finish it. This afternoon, a session with my muse changed everything.
I didn’t ask my muse about my blog post or newsletter. But my muse told me anyway!
During the visualization, we started out in ankle deep in mud and I worried my muse indicated stuckness. But no.
We quickly found ourselves immersed in therapeutic mud baths, easing any and all tensions from my body.
How Earth and Water Chakras Support You to Write with Ease Click To Tweet
Me: Mud? Are you telling me I’m stuck?
My Muse: Not at all. Earth and water make up mud. Earth, the first chakra and water, the second work together to form mud. These chakras work synergistically in your writing and creative practices.
The second chakra, or sacral chakra, symbolized by water, is all about creativity, symbolism, dreams–all the artsy stuff that supports you to write beautifully.
And the earth chakra is the foundation upon which your creativity rests, making it possible to write with ease.
Me: Foundation? Like what?
My Muse: Think support, groundedness, feeling safe to create. And by the way, congratulations on getting back to your qigong practice this morning. Qigong grounds you and serves as a perfect foundational support for your creativity and writing.
“Keep It Simple”
My Muse: And take a bath tonight.
Me: Okay – should I use mud/clay for cleansing, like in the visualization? Epsom salt? Essential oils?
My Muse: Keep it Simple. Complicating things can take the pleasure out. Enjoy your bath.
Where the Breakthrough Comes From
I wondered about some of the challenges I faced–feeling overwhelmed at times, stressing over the title of the book I plan to publish in January.
Me: What do I need to do to get into clarity and clear the blocks?
My Muse: Let it go. Your creative challenges are shifting on their own. You’ve set it in motion. Now, trust.
Give it time and space. Cultivate emptiness, that fallow period you speak of to your students. When you let go, you’ll be able to write with ease.
You can’t always focus on productivity. Make time for Yourself.
Envision ease. Expect ease. Cultivate ease with ease.
Me: Okay, I get it. Ease.
My Muse: Yes, ease.
A Root Chakra Meditation for Grounding Click To Tweet
Your first chakra, or root chakra, is all about grounding. The earth provides a foundation on which to build your life and your writing.
A simple way to ground, connect with the earth and clear your first chakra with ease is to bounce without lifting your feet:
- Stand with feet hip width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Bounce gently as you bend your knees a little deeper release your shoulders, shake your arms up and down and release the tension in your body.
- Inhale and imagine the energy of the earth coming through the soles of your feet and traveling up your legs into your body.
- Exhale and imagine releasing tension into the earth for transformation.
- Continue bouncing and releasing through the breath.
- After 5 minutes or 100 bounces or whatever feels good to you, place your hands on your lower belly and close your eyes. How do you feel?
A Sacral Chakra Meditation for Releasing Blocks and Writing with Ease Click To Tweet
- Set an intention to release anything in the way of writing with ease.
- Fill your bathtub with warm water and a cup or more of Epsom salts.
- Add a favorite essential oil or bubble bath.
- Don’t try to solve problems or think about work or writing. Just let everything go.
- Breathe deeply and enjoy the scent of the oils or bubble bath.
- Release the water and your troubles down the drain!
Now you’re ready to write!
How Will You Write with Ease?
Dear Reader, does the message from my muse resonate for you? How can you create more ease? Try the meditations above or tap into your inner creative Muse for a personal process for writing with ease.
Please share your process or result as a comment below!