Plus, you may choose to be notified when my new book launches, "The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day"!
Day 2 of our Author Resource Hunt is about Developing Community and Relationships with other authors and writers. Such relationships provide many mutual benefits – support, camaraderie, resource-sharing and colleagues to share ideas with. Encouragement from someone who knows the highs and lows on the path to success can motivate you during your creative journey. Learning about other authors’ experiences and hearing their insights can save you time, inspire you and offer peace of mind. And the community engagement you develop is an important ingredient for book sales, too. One great space to connect with colleagues and future readers is through the blogosphere. I hope that today’s post will:
- Help you connect with other writers in this community of authors and aspiring authors.
- Provide an opportunity to learn from each other and help each other overcome any blocks or challenges to writing.
- Give you confidence to reach out on other blogs and social media.
- Provide an example of how you can engage people in your communities and on your blog, if you have one (or plan to).
- Help you connect with your inner resources–your muse–to get clarity on any challenges or questions that have arisen in your writing.
|Point Value||Clues/Actions for Points||Earned Points|
|15+||Share a one paragraph description of how you overcame a writing block in today’s blog post comments*.|
|15+||Go to lisatener.com/meet-your-muse and listen to the recording. See if you have a question for your “inner muse.” Perhaps your muse has a suggestion for how to break through any blocks or challenges. Share any insights as a comment* on this post.|
If you have other things in your life—family, friends, good productive day work—these can interact with your writing and the sum will be all the richer. -~David Brin
*A Special basket of prizes: books, magnet, pen and more—for our favorite writer’s block cure and another basket of prizes to our favorite muse insight.